Powerful PX700W and PX800X Offer Dual-Lamp Operation, Stacking Capabilities, Edge Blending and Option Slot
NEC PX700W Projector
Singapore, 20 March, 2012 – NEC Asia Pacific, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today two new models to its PX Series projector line, the PX700W and PX800X. These installation models are designed for large auditoriums and venues requiring exceptional brightness, such as houses of worship, higher education, corporate and retail environments where there is high ambient light or the need for a larger screen size.
The 7000-lumen PX700W and 8000-lumen PX800X are professional installation projectors with dual lamps that provide intense light output. The projectors’ advanced input panel includes HDMI, DisplayPort, USB Viewer and three separate analog computer inputs, which come in handy when quickly switching between presentations. The PX700W and PX800X each offer Open Pluggable Specification (OPS), which is the first industry-wide standardization in option slots to simplify installation, use and maintenance while offering input flexibility. It supports multiple input cards, including an HD/SD-SDI and single board computer (SBC). Additionally, the projectors’ networking capabilities include integrated RJ45, optional high-speed wireless (LAN IEEE 80.11b/g) and several Windows networking features that allow users to connect to the shared network, control a networked computer through the projector’s USB input and display multimedia files.
The PX Series stacking correction capability allows up to four projectors to be stacked vertically or horizontally to boost the image brightness up to 32,000 lumens. This feature is an asset for those applications where downtime cannot be afforded and reliability is of the utmost importance. With Integrated Device Technology HQV, a high-performance video processing and scaling system, users can present with superior image quality using the technology’s pixel-based, motion-adaptive de-interlacing to remove undesirable motion artifacts.
“Our PX Series is ideal for customers requiring advanced connectivity, high brightness and networking capabilities,” said Vincent Koh, Vice President of Multimedia Platform Unit from NEC Asia Pacific. “The integrated option slot allows users to implement the projector in digital signage applications, which allows greater flexibility when planning an installation. The potential for the PX700W and PX800X to be valuable in lecture halls, training rooms and auditoriums is reliant on its professional-grade quality and multitude of included features.”
The PX700W and PX800X include the following features:
• Up to 8000-lumen brightness (achieved using a 6-segment color wheel)
• Chip DLP – 1280 x 800 WXGA (PX700W) and 1024 x 768 (PX800X) native resolution
• 2100:1 contrast ratio (with Dynamic Contrast)
• Dual lamps
• Lamp life up to 2500 hours with ECO Mode
• Open Pluggable Specification option slot including an HD/SD SDI input card and SBC
• Connectivity includes HDMI, DisplayPort, three analog computer inputs, composite and S-Video
• Center lens design for ease in retrofitting existing installations
• Stacking capability (up to four projectors)
• Complete line of six bayonet-style lenses with powered zoom, focus and lens shift (projector/lens bundles available)
• Lens memory controls the lens attributes (zoom, focus, lens shift) based on input resolution and input selection
• Windows Network Projector Function directly connects to networked projectors without the need for additional proprietary software
• Windows Remote Desktop Function allows for control of the projector with a keyboard and mouse through the USB input
• Windows Network Drive and Media Connection functions display multimedia files (.jpeg, .bmp, .png, .mpeg2 or .wmv9)
• USB Viewer allows users to present without the use of a computer by displaying images stored as .jpgs from an optional USB memory
• Cornerstone correction helps display the image properly when the projector is set up at an angle to the screen
• Geometric correction allows the projector to display square-looking images on cylindrical, spherical or cornered screens
• Edge blending technology creates panoramic images with multiple projectors
• PIP/side-by-side allows two sources to be displayed on the screen at one time
• Automated features such as auto power-on via RGB (15-pin) input, quick start (3 to 4 seconds) and direct power-off
• Carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup
• Cabinet control lock and Logo lock
• Password protection
• Email notifications inform the system administrator when the projector’s lamp is approaching the end of its useful life
The PX700W and PX800X projectors ship with a 2-year limited warranty and are available now at an estimated retail price as per below.
PX700W Projector with standard lens.....S$ 13,899.00
PX800X Projector with standard lens......S$ 13,899.00
Further information can be found on the internet at http://www.nec-display.com/ap/
About NEC Corporation
NEC Corporation is a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people around the world. By providing a combination of products and solutions that cross utilize the company’s experience and global resources, NEC’s advanced technologies meet the complex and ever-changing needs of its customers. NEC brings more than 100 years of expertise in technological innovation to empower people, businesses and society. For more information, visit NEC at http://www.nec.com .
About NEC Asia Pacific Pte Ltd (NEC APAC)
Singapore-based NEC Asia Pacific is the regional headquarters for NEC Corporation (HQ: Japan) in the Asia Pacific region (South and Southeast Asia, and Oceania). As a leading infocomm technology provider and systems integrator offering regional sales and services support and consultancy, NEC APAC develops solutions on carrier network, global identity, RFID, enterprise server, unified communications, multimedia display, and contact centre, as well as provide outsourcing and managed services.
To leverage on its technological expertise, NEC APAC has established regional competency centres for public safety and display solutions to expand its capabilities and expertise to support businesses in the Asia Pacific region.
In line with the NEC Group Vision to realize an information society friendly to humans and the earth, NEC embarks on corporate social responsibilities initiatives to support the Nature (environment), Education and Community. For more information, please visit www.nec.com.sg.
NEC is a registered trademark of NEC Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Other product or service marks mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners. ©2012 NEC Corporation.
+65 6379 2571
+65 6379 2340